Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tractors!!

I am one hot tractor driving Mama!! Okay, I don't know about the hot part, but I did get to drive my first tractor yesterday while Rex rode in the bucketloader to feed the bulls their hay. We have tons and tons of snow out here and now have to use the tractor to get into some of our pastures to feed. I am pretty excited that I can drive a tractor now!!! I am one who doesn't care to operate heavy machinery, but I love the tractor (as long as it doesn't get stuck). Speaking of getting stuck. If it wasn't for the tractors we would've had to walk home the other day from feeding because both Rex, Everett, and I got stuck in the truck and our bosses got stuck too!! It was pretty adventurous I guess. I will have to post some pics for ya, but I will have to take them first. I also get to stand on top of a haystack every morning and throw hay bales down on the back of the truck to Rex. I am getting buffer and buffer! That makes me elated too! When I first started to help feed I could barely get a bale of hay off the ground. Now I can stack them sometime 3 high. Some of you might be chuckling because that is as easy as pie for you, but this is a big accomplishment for someone who in 5th grade couldn't climb the rope in gym class and their teacher told them to go home and do 10 push ups every night! Yeah, like I listened! Speaking of getting stuck, Rex just came in to tell me he is stuck and needs my help. Be back...So, he was stuck really good. We weren't sure we were going to get our truck out. We were almost convinced that we would have to leave it til the spring. Due to my master truck driving skills and Rex's tractor skills we got out successfully. Well, we are amazing!

7 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

Great job on your tractor and truck driving skills! I grew up having to drive a tractor and truck all the time but I don't get to do it much anymore except when I go home to visit. It sounds like every day is exciting!

me said...

you are so funny, when justin was on his mission he sent home a picture or him on a big john deere tractor with the saying do you think my tractors sexy, i miss him

Jackie said...

That's awesome! Are you going to drive the tractor to get groceries or do we need to fly them in to you? :)

Andi said...

That is so cool. I wish that I could drive a tractor just once!! It sounds like you guys are enjoying life out in the snow. I guess that is one nice thing about Arizona, we don't have to worry about getting our cars stuck in the snow!! I sure do miss the snow though!

Jazzy said...

You are amazing! P.S. I don't think I ever told you this, but I love your haircut :)

The Winwards said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and I'm jealous you are getting so much snow. What is your email adress? I give you the latest baby update.

Jenn said...

I'm impressed! I've never even sat in a tractor!