Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's Official...

I HATE doing dishes!!! We even have a dishwasher by the name of Americana, who does a mighty fine job might I add, and I still hate to do them. I think we are just going to eat our food like dogs from now on. That would be so much easier right?? Okay, so we won't. That would scare away all our new friends we have and be an even bigger mess than dishes are. I just wish there was some way for me to enjoy them, so that maybe I would do them more often than wait until we run out of almost every single utensil and dish before I break down and get 'er done. Any suggestions for me on how I might enjoy my dish duty more??

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Whistle while you work? Just kidding! I hate doing dishes too! I'm so glad you got home safely,I was worried about you all day. Those winds were so strong, and I'm sure they were even worse where you're at. How long did it take you to get back? We'll have to plan something and get together sometime when the weather and time constraints aren't so crazy.

me said...

Tell your hunny it is his turn (hahaha)

the judkins said...

Hi Shauna! Congrats on the cute little boy. I am so glad that you left me a post so I can track you! Sorry about your mom and dad, and rex's mom, and your dad's health, did I miss anything? My mom saw your moms mom at the salon somewhere and she told her about your mom and dad.
Anyhow, I feel you on the dishes thing. I am alot like that so here is what I do...Every day after we eat a meal, I rinse the dishes in one side of the sink, and stack them all in the other big side of the sink. Then, after dinner, I MAKE myself, literally, load them into the dishwasher. I start it when I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, I empty the dishwasher and start all over again. Also, My two little ones eat on zoo pals and use disposable sippy cups. Just a suggestion, if you find anything that works let me know.

Jazzy said...

For everything I hate doing, I ask myself why? I hated folding clothes--why? I waited too long to do laundry and then hated it when I didn't have a place for all of them. Solution. Totally, cleaned out my closet and would do laundry in smaller loads. Now I don't mind it too much ;) Dishes are hard though...they are so relentless. Oh! There is always paper plates and plastic ware too!

Tiffany Joy said...

paper utinsels..

Hi Shauna and Rex.. found ya on the blog train. Congrats on the babe..

Erin Rupp Bowcutt said...

Hey Shauna, it is Erin (Rupp) Palmer! I haven't seen you for ever and ran on to your blog! I hope you are doing well, it looks like you are!! Beautiful baby!! It is so much fun isn't it!
Oh yeah and about the dishes I have always had a problem with that until I found Fly Lady! Sounds kind of strange but it works for me. It is just a suggested collection of routines and missions to get you out of chaos!! I have loved it! Check it out! www.flylady.net