I was sad to hear that our Beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away on Sunday. He is the only prophet I've known growing up and a truly Great and Wonderful Man. He will be dearly missed by all LDS members. He cared so much for everyone, regardless of religion. He was always there to lend a hand for disaster relief all over the world. He was truly a charitable man and his example will never be forgotten like many of the other prophets and especially the Savior's. Even though I am sad for his passing, I am happy for the grand reunion he had with Sister Hinckley. It makes me happy to know that they are together again. What a wonderful opportunity we all have to be with our loved ones for eternity!
I received this email from my sister-in-law and I thought it was a great reflection of just how funny our prophet is. I thought you all would enjoy it as well!!
"During the Saturday morning session, after President Hinckley went to sit down after the sustaining of the officers of the church, the whole audience started laughing. They didn't show what happened on TV, so most of us didn't know what was so funny. Here's what happened..
After President Hinckley finished, Elder Eyring had moved into his new seat on the stand. When President Hinckley turned around, he stood there for a moment looking at Elder Eyring, then picked up his cane and 'knighted' him on his shoulder and head.
I've attached a picture---the smile on President Eyring's face is priceless!!
I love that our Prophet has a sense of humor! Enjoy!" 
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Our Beloved Prophet!
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Crapp shauna, you've really learned how to use this blog!
I LOVE President Hinckley! I'm going to miss him so much! There never was a more amazing example and cute little old man ever!! :)
that is the sweetest story thanks you for tell us that.
I am going to miss him so much. Did you see his funeral on TV? It was beautiful!
haha and with your little proposition..I really gotta figure things out first with my situation now ya know? I don't think I should bring someone else in right now but when I DO figure things out I would definitely be up for it! :)
Post a Comment