The last couple of days have been pretty wild. Sunday I was sick with the flu and everything it has to offer. I was praying Everett wouldn't get it, but sure enough the next day he was throwing up and had the runs (sorry too much info). Well, to make matters worse our power went out at 8:30 am. When our power goes out so does our water because it is ran by a well. So, our boy was a complete mess and we had no way of giving a bath. Okay, we could've done like pioneer time when you warm it on the fire (stove) and take it to the tub, but we didn't have a pot big enough to do so. Anyways...there were 7 poles down north of us and 4 poles down south of our house. The power company was telling our boss that it wouldn't be back on for 2 days. Luckily, a couple of weeks ago Rex took the liberty of filling up three 55 gallon drums of water. We were ever so happy that he did that. We could've gone 2 days without power if we had to since we had storage water, but it was restored 18 hours later at 2:15 am the next morning! I am also grateful we have a wood burning stove in our house and that Rex filled our wood box Saturday.
I do have to say that it was kind of fun when it was dark. We had an oil lamp, candles, and flashlights for light. Rex showed Everett how to put the flashlight in his mouth to make his cheeks glow, so Everett was entertaining us with that!! He then was sticking the flashlight in our mouths to see our cheeks glow! What a funny kid! I tell you what, I have more appreciation for the Pioneers now. This would've been no big deal to them.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Are You Prepared?
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It does kind of sound cozy at night with your wood burning stove & oil lamp! Aside from the vomiting and diarrhea, that is! :)
It was good that you were prepared! What a blessing. I am sorry to hear that you guys have been sick. Hopefully the doctor tells us something good about Brice tomorrow!
Post a Comment