The Politicians who are currently running our country and who are next inline to run it are, well to be blunt, morons!!! Now, I am not a political person, nor do I care to become a political guru, but I can see when there is a problem with our government and I have to ask myself...Do they really know what they are doing to the economy and "The People" by not opening our pipelines for oil because they don't want to deal with the stinking environmentalists??? Apparently not! I don't think they will get it. They will just watch "the People" suffer and the economy go to pot and keep saying, "why is everything in society struggling? or how can we help our economy out?" If we are lucky they might throw some more money out to us, but is that really the fix for the problems they have placed upon us? Maybe they would get it if they were forced to live on "The People's" income or their way of life. For instance, I was listening to a talk show where they were talking about an interview with Hilary Clinton. She was asked if she were to become President, would she lower gas prices? Her answer was, "The American People just have to learn to drive less." That's easy for her to say when she made around 7 million dollars last year. Boo on you Hilary.
So, as they continue to hike gas prices up what are they going to do when there becomes a shortage on the supply of food for everyone. We go to the store and purchase our meats, grains and other necessary foods, but do we stop and think of where this all comes from? Who are the ones suppling these things for everyone? The Farmers and Ranchers, that's who. What do farmers and ranchers have to use a lot of in order to raise the meats or grains "The People" need? Gas and Diesel. When a rancher sales their calf crop to pay for their ranch and all the requirements in keeping up with a ranch, they don't get to factor in the price of gas into the price. They have to go with the price that the buyer is willing to pay. So, if they aren't able to make ends meet or afford to grow their crops because they can't afford the price of gas, they will eventually lose out and that ranch will no longer produce for the country. I won't be see surprised to see a lot of ranches and farms go bankrupt and lose from the governments lack of intelligence. Having a successful ranch and farm is not easy and takes a lot of money to keep things up, so this gasoline hike is of no benefit at all.
On one of my trips to Utah in the last two months I was watching the news and a lady put it great, or so I thought. She said, "It is sad when you have to decide whether to buy a gallon of milk for your kids or buy a gallon of gas so you can be able to get to work and continue to make money." If you ask me that is suffrage right there. So, because our politicians don't want to open up a can of worms with the environmentalists to be able to open up the pipeline, children and parents are going to suffer. Way to go guys! You are great! I also have to say shame on you to the environmentalists that are so concerned about preserving the environment. Sure, environmental preservation is needed, but there should be some boundary set for when it is hurting the people more than it is helping them. I think we will be seeing a lot more violence in society because people won't be able to handle the stress of worrying about how they are going to take care of their families and make ends meet. We will probably also see a lot more people falling into poverty because everything is going up, because of gas, and they don't get paid enough to be able to afford to make it to work to make money.
So, when I hear another Politician say they are "for the people", I would love to be able to shout back to them, "Liar! You are for driving the people into the ground!" I guess all I have to say now to our corrupt government is, Thank you for everything! You are sure making the lives of this people so much better! NOT!
Monday, June 9, 2008
My Political Soap Box
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Shauna! I haven't seen or talked to you in forever! How are you? We are doing so good! Yes, I got married! Finally! He was worth the wait though! Greg is selling security systems for my brother. It's pretty fun, but he works a lot! YOu have such a cute little family! Thanks for writting. We need to keep in touch!
Shauna, Hey your baby boy is so cute, well I guess he isn't a baby anymore. I can't believe how big he is. congratulations on the pregnancy, that is awesome. How far along are you? Do you know what you are having? Right now we are in Boise, but just for the summer and then we go back to Orem.
You are SO right, Shauna! I say screw the environmentalists -- we need to lower gas prices and if that means we drill in our OWN country that so be it! Not all of us live in a place where there is public transportation for us or are able to ride a bike or walk to work. The economy sucks right now and so do our politicians. Too bad we don't have anything to look forward to. Obama and McCain. Some choices...
Post a Comment