I have another job for a little while at least. I am a Wheel-line Girl. Not the official title of my job, I just gave it to myself! A wheel-line is sprinklers on a field that are on wheels. Someone has to go out and move them to new spots everyday so the water can cover the whole field. So, in the mornings that's what Rex, Everett, & I do. Rex gets the job of turning on the motors that turn the wheels and moves them down the field. My job is to drag the python like rubber hoses to the new water hook up. I also get to pick up and move 20 foot aluminum pipes with each of these hoses. I only have four sets of these pipes and hoses that I have to move, so it isn't too bad considering I am 5 1/2 months pregnant. It is some exercise I need and if it makes it so Rex can be in at nights with his family, instead of out moving them again; which our boss and his family do the night shift, then I will help out. Everett has to chill in the truck though while we are mucking around in the mud and water. He doesn't really like that too much, but he gets to practice his driving skills!! He is a pretty good trooper though. He would much rather be out and about than stuck in the house!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I loved this post! Funny, but it is worth helping to be able to have some more time with your hubby. Dave has been moving wheel lines a lot lately too for his job (he's working for the church welfare farm). He actually bought me a pair of purple mud boots so I can go help him too. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well too!:)
Hey it sounds like what I am doing with Dan! We have about 11 of those to do so I have the same job as you!! It is a great workout that is for sure I go down to the gym for an hour in the morning and then I go out and help Dan so that is great! Good for you I love to help Dan so that I feel like I have a husband and night to help me with the boys!
Love:Amy
Don't over-do it sis....Love Ya!
Post a Comment