Friday, July 11, 2008

A little peeved...maybe relieved.

So, I feel like I am out of the loop with the blogging world and the whole internet. We have not been able to get on to the internet since July 3rd. That is over a week ago! By some fluke I was able to get on tonight, so I am not closing the screen down until I am done with some stuff! I guess our internet company limits our internet usage. There is only so much we can download, upload, stream in, etc. Lame-o! Honestly, who does that?? So, I have been peeved and feeling like a part of me was missing for the last week. There have been so many different things I've wanted to blog about in the last week and I can't remember what they all were. Grrr! Hopefully we don't keep having this same problem.

Here are a couple things that have happened in the last 2 weeks that I really wanted to post about:

  • June 29th marked the anniversary of my dad's heart attack. We nearly lost him and are so thankful we didn't. We know he had a lot of help from our Heavenly Father in getting to just the right place at the right time on that day. There is no other explanation for how things panned out. He is one of The Best Dads we have!!
  • July 2nd was the anniversary of the last day we spent with Rex's mom. She and his dad came to our trailer to help us with some stuff. She was there to be my moral support and to watch Everett while I packed up boxes. Rex's dad was helping Rex get our vehicles ready for the big move. I guess I still feel bad about that day. I was kind of stressed and not the nicest daughter-in-law. If I only would've known what the next day would bring I would've been nicer, but how am I suppose to see the future.
  • On July 3, 2007 we got my dad home from the hospital from his heart attack and Rex's mom had her stroke. This was the last day she actually talked to us and we are so grateful for that time we had with her.
  • July 5, 2007, we had to let her go. We love and miss her so much. We know we will see her again and are thankful for the memories that come to us to help us remember her. The hardest part is missing her and all that entails.
  • One year ago today, July 11,2007, we made our move to Nevada. One of the hardest things we have had to do after all that went on. We have loved it out in the middle of nowhere and know this is where we need to be.
Now for some funny Everett time!! He is just making us laugh all the time and coming up with new stuff! He was sitting in his highchair the other day and let a toot rip. He started chuckling and said, "Poot"! Rex and I looked at each other and started laughing! He is obsessed with saying it whenever someone is in the bathroom, no matter what you are doing! Rex had Everett sitting on his lap while he was sitting on the toilet, lid closed and fully dressed, and they were reading a Potty book together. Afterwards, Rex put him down and said to go to the front room. Well, Everett ran out and Rex didn't see where he went. Rex found him in his room sitting on a stool. He asked Everett what he was doing and he said in a grunting voice, "Poooot!" Rex had to come and tell me about it because I missed it :( Everett has also been obsessed with his Belly button and mine. He calls it a "Butt" or a "Belly Butt"! We try to get him to say button but he doesn't want to. He now says Papa instead of Bumpa. Tonight I was making dinner and he was saying "more" to me. I kept saying "more what?" When we got him up into his highchair to eat he was saying "More what Mommy." He is just talking up a storm! I love it! Well, I think that is all for now.

4 comments:

Amy Reeder said...

Sorry to hear about your internet you never really realize how much you use it until you don't have it anymore. I am so glad that your dad is doing good I can't believe that it has been a year since everything else that is so crazy! I miss Jeanett to there are some days when I will just all of a sudden have her cross my mind! She is such a great person and is truly missed by all those who knew her. I can't believe how much Everret is talking that is so funny! He sounds like little Wyatt he will tell me more mamma more. And the other day I had him taste a lemon and he goes ewh cuka momma!! He says that all the time. I am so glad that you were able to put up a new post for us I love to look at your blog! How are you feeling how is the baby doing? I hope to hear from you soon.

Kyle and Janell said...

What a crack up your little Everett is! I wish we still lived by you so that we could see you guys!

Amy Reeder said...

Sorry I just got it. I will talk to Dan and see if he is still needing someone or if he has everything taken care of. I will either blog you back or call you alrighty? Talk to you soon!

Bonnie said...

Landon needs to take some talking lessons from Everett. He's in a stage where he grunts for everything. No plans for us to go to Utah anytime soon.