Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Never say Never

I hate it when I always say I am never going to do something just because everyone else is. It's like the time when capris came into our world and I thought they were the most hideous thing on the planet and I vowed to never be caught in them. Well, the world got the better part of me and soon enough I found myself in a pair of adorable capris, I borrowed from Jazzy, for a date I had. Now, I haven't given in to all the worldly pressures around me, but I have found a few harder to resist than some. My latest fall started about a week ago when Terry brought over a book and left it with me to read since she didn't have time to. I was a little apprehensive about reading this book because I promised myself I wasn't going to get sucked in like so many of the women in this world. Well, my curiosity got the best of me and I said to my self, "I can just give it a try and see if it is any good. I can always put it down if I need to." Well, I soon found myself wrapped up in the thrilling romance novel, Twilight. In the last week I have read not one but all three of the books in the series so far. That is at least 1600 pages of suspense and romance I've lived since I started and I can't wait until the 4th book comes out next month! There are a few other Twilight enthusiasts in my neck of the woods that have had their copy preordered for quite some time now, so I am sure they would allow me to borrow it once they are finished! I have also commited myself to going to the movie when it comes out this December! I was a little sad when I finished the 3rd book today since I knew my fictional life would be placed on hold until I get the next one in my hands. I am sure Everett and Rex will enjoy having me back for a little while!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

LOL. Welcome to the dark side!! :-) I too am looking forward to the new book. I should have it this time next week. If you haven't read it by the next time you come in to Salt Lake, you can borrow my copy!

Talk to you soon,

Mindy

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

Brit finished the 1st book last week. She's crazy about it. Her sisters got her into it. Love you guys,
Jason

Bonnie said...

I still need to read the series. The Young Women in my ward keep telling me how great it is.
There's also one she wrote called, The Host (I think), that was written more for adults.

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

I love that I was the exact same way I took a whole weekend and never looked back but it is nice that everyone who reads them gets sucked in because I sure was. How could you not be? I am thrilled with the book it comes out tomorrow!!!!

Kyle and Janell said...

Shauna! You and I were the only ones I know that were hanging on to not reading the series! I guess I'm all alone in the world... We'll have to see how strong I can be. Maybe I'll give in sometime!

The Winwards said...

I am so in love with these books, Levi calls them my other boyfriend. He felt so neglected when I read them. I am almost done with the 4th book. I have put off blogging so I can read it. Oh my favorite memories of you guys is definately cutting our Christmas Trees together and then seeing them in your house all decorated. It was so much fun, hopefully we can live closer and still go cut our trees down together.

Adam and Sarah said...

Yes, they are fantastic books! I first read them a few months ago after my recommended them to me. And I'm hooked. Just finished the fourth book this morning at 2am -- I got it at midnight Friday night/Sat morning. :) See? Obsessed. And I'm aware that it's pathetic. Just can't seem to help myself. :)

The Winwards said...

Levi got the job in Eureka so hopefully we can find a place to live and we will move sometime between Sept and Oct.