First things first...last night Everett did very well. He went to bed and was awake for at least an hour or so. We checked on him every so often and he was dry. We finally went to sleep and woke up around 4, because Montel was gassy or something, Rex checked him then and he was still dry. We got up around 7 and Rex checked him and he was wet, but still sleeping. So, I am planning on one of us getting him up around 6 to go pee in the morning. I hope it works.
So, today there was some more progress. He pooped in the potty once and peed two times. They were little pees, but he did it and we tried our hardest to make him feel good about doing it! He has a pretty good handle on holding his pee or poop. He doesn't want to go when he gets the first urge. He lets it build and fester. I will notice him squirming and tell him he has to go and rush him to the potty, but he doesn't do anything. So, we let him keep holding it and when he starts crossing his legs we rush him back in and he finally goes. At least that is what he was doing the two times he went in the potty today. He hasn't had an accident since about 2 this afternoon! I am hoping he makes the click tomorrow where he actually says, "Mommy, pee" or something like that and then he goes towards the bathroom. That would be awesome! Potty training is really exhausting, well this method. I have tried to have Everett play on his own at times and having to watch his every move all day and night is pretty tiresome! Well, I will be back tomorrow!! Thanks for all the support in this!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Potty Training-Day 2
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, you're diligent. Keep going! You give the rest of us hope! Remind me how hold Everett is again?
So I bought the book and am on Day 2 of Potty training. It looks like Everetts Day 2 is a lot like Landons so that gives me hope. Landon keeps telling me he needs to go pee right as he starts to pee and then when I rush him to the potty his sits on it for about 2 seconds and then says, "all done". So frustrating as you know. Do you still tell everett, "Tell mommy when you have to go potty"? Does Everett have accidents very often? I'm glad you took the time to go over your potty training days....You give me strength to keep at it.
Post a Comment