So, yesterday we had to make a trip to town and was I ever anxious. Everett hasn't gone that long in a carseat in underwear before and our trips to church or whatever didn't go over so well with him needing to go potty. I decided to pack a diaper bag with his potty seat, pants, underwear, clorox wipes, wipes, treats, etc., so if he had to go we could get 'er done! It worked. He kind of freaked the first couple times when we put him on but by the end of the night he was great and we had no accidents. One time, I had to go pee and he was with me and he starts yelling, "Momma poop!" I just wonder what the lady right next to me was thinking!!!
So, why am I a cow?? Well, you see being married to a rancher he compares everything about birth, raising kids, fertility, etc., to a cow/bull. His sister Becky calls it his "Dirty Cowboy Talk" and hates it when he compares her to a cow! It doesn't even phase me! Last night on our way home him and I were talking Dirty Cowboy Talk. When I was pregnant with Everett he would call me a heifer, because a heifer is a first time mom. Now that I've had Montel, I am a cow! He told me that I calve well, have good milk, take care of my babies, and will keep me around, even though I throw large-headed children. I almost got culled, gotten rid of, because of that but he wants to keep me! Yea! Then, he was comparing Men to bulls. A guy that has been castrated is a steer and one that has not is called a bull. I of course knew these terms, but a guy that is not intact, has had a vasectomy, would be called a golmer bull! I thought that was a funny term. They use these bulls to help detect heat in cows, but that is probably enough Dirty Cowboy Talk today! I hope I didn't offend anyone!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I'm a Cow!
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
haha...oh man.
That was all very educational Shauna! Thanks! I am married to a "retired" farmer. Not retired by choice, but we sure wish we could have our own ranch. Maybe someday, but when that time comes you sure have cleared up some issues for me!
LOL
I'm so glad I chose today to visit my mom's ward! Rex, you gave Monte a BEAUTIFUL blessing! You did an amazing job. He is an adorable baby, he looks a lot like his gorgeous mom! You have a wonderful, very cute little family!
Hey Shauna I was wondering if Becky had a blog or myspace or facebook. I'd like to get in touch and talk to her? Would you let me know please? Thanks much!
I am going private because I have some weirdo guy from Malaysia, (I don't know how to spell that) looking at our blog. He keeps saying Tayton is really cute, and if you look on his blog he has pictures of body bags hanging from a tree. It creeps me out so hopefully going private it will stop this guy.
Oh, Shauna, That was the best and I totally beleive that Rex would say all that. He is so funny. How are you guys doing? I'm glad to hear the potty traingin is going okay. ttyl
Post a Comment