Monday, February 11, 2008

Random Ramblings...

So, there is quite a bit going on in my life and random thoughts, but it's not too exciting. I thought I would share anyways!!

  • Everett just cut his 4th tooth on Saturday! I was so glad because he has been mister cranky pants for like a week before hand. He has also learned how to wave and it is so adorable!! His cute little fingers have found two snug fitting holes to fit into!! Give a guess as to where they are...he found his nostrils! It is so funny to see him sitting there staring at something with his finger up his nose! The other day when we were in the work truck feeding he had his pointer finger up his nose and his birdie finger in his mouth. They were on the same hand! it was so funny. I just wish my camera was with me. :(
  • I saw this picture on the side of a building in town and had to take a picture of it because it reminded me of my best friend Jazzy, so I posted it for her to see. I can see the family resemblance, just dye her hair brown and take away the cigarette and she could be your sister!! Here is the lovely Norma Jean Mortensen, aka Marilyn Monroe.
  • I would like to know why some days my little camera card slot on my computer works and some days it doesn't. It is rather annoying if you ask me. Does anybody know?
  • Our prayers for snow finally paid off this season and now we have so much we just don't know what to do with it. Here are a few pics to see the drifts on our road in front of our house. We mysteriously got locked out of the car while taking this pic and it was running with Everett inside. Luckily, we were in front of the house and our house wasn't locked.
I am really trying to be grateful for what we have. There are so many that have wanted snow for so long and now that it is here they just aren't too happy with it. Yeah, it is a pain sometimes, but think of how beautiful the land will be come Spring and Summer! I am so excited!

  • I am sick of cooking the same meals over and over again. I guess they at least get cooked once a month, but months go by really fast and so it seems we eat them over and over. So, if any of you have any quick, easy meal suggestions, please feel free to leave me a comment about them!!
  • I have been trying to eat smaller portions lately because I realized the weaning of Everett is soon to come and the calories I've burned feeding him will soon find a new home, probably on my behind, and i really don't want to have to suddenly grow out of my clothes. So, it has been hard, because I love to eat, but moderation is the key to being healthy. Plus, it helps protect against getting diabetes.
  • There are these Native Americans that live up the road from us and they are ALWAYS getting completely wasted and driving around. Well, last night we were on our way home from a friends and we see this car off the road, stuck in some snow and it was the Cheif's car. We were in our car and didn't have a way of helping so we drove by. I asked Rex if we should go get the person who lived up the road and see if they could get a tractor and help him out and he said, "You can only help people so many times." I felt really bad, but I knew he was right. I did worry about him all night until we went to bed though. The Cheif's son a few nights ago was wasted and got his car stuck and went to a house nearby and took the people's truck. Luckily he got it stuck only a short distance from the house, so it wasn't ruined.
Well, that is it for now. I will catch you all up later!

5 comments:

me said...

you are so funny, were is it again you live.

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

Shauna, I have a couple of suggestions:
For the food: Mac & Cheese is always a winner. There are so many varieties these days, it's hard to go wrong.
For the Camera: Buy a cable that connects your camera to your computer, so you don't have to take the card out. You can find one on ebay for a couple of bucks I bet. If you're not into that, you might just have to reboot your computer so it can read the drive again...and of course there's always my favorite: buy a Mac. Your life will change-jk.
And Lastly, about the calories and the weaning: HAVE ANOTHER BABY! I need another nephew and/or a niece. I know Everett is not even a year, but heck he's growing up fast and needs a sibling to pick on...you remember the good ole days don't you-me picking on you, Everett could gain experience in that area right away! I was 3 before I had 2 younger people to pick on! That's like 14 months by today's standards. So anyway, turn off your computer and go create another child...

p.s. I know I don't have any children yet and therefore don't have any place to talk, but remember I'm still your big brother and this is the only way that I can pick on you now that you're in Nevada...

Knight Bunch said...

Shauna and Rex, I found your blog in a VERY round about way (Tremonton people are linked to everyone!) and I am SO glad that I did! Your life sounds so much more interesting then mine. Your little one is growing so much. I hope that your as happy as you look and sound!!

Tami Knight (Belew)

Jazzy said...

Thanks for the photo! You're comments are too kind :) I love the thoughts. I wish I could give you good ideas for dinner, but it's one of my worst things. Phil is lucky if he comes home to something I cooked.

Adam and Sarah said...

So Shauna.I had issues with my camera & computer once we got a new comp with Windows Vista. (I hate vista, it's not compatible with anything!) Anyway, I went to Radio Shack and bought a USB card reader. You just stick your memory card in the USB stick & then put the USB into your USB port on your computer. Easy as that! You can find one on ebay or amazon or whatever for super cheap.
As for recipes... I came across a cool blog that has recipes on it (and a lot of them are really easy!). Some girl from UT started it & I really like it. In fact I requested to contribute to it as well, so I can share my recipes. You can do that just by posting a comment on the blog with your email & she will add you. But even if you don't wanna contribute, you can still check it out. I've made some of the recipes. Yummy! There's a link to it from my blog if you care to check it out! :)