Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Husband is Amazing!


When we first got married Rex would always talk about how he is not a very handy man. So, I kept hearing and and when something went wrong I would usually call my dad or his dad to find out how to fix it. Well, I think he was lying or at least didn't know his own abilities! He has continued to amaze me over and over again since we have been here in Nevada. He has been an electrician: he put in a ceiling fan all from scratch. He cut the holes in the wall and ceiling and did all the wiring! He has also fixed some of the wiring in the barns and shops around here. I was scared in the process, but amazed when all was done! He has been a tile layer, a carpenter, and a wood worker! He can build and repair fences quite well, even if he has to use bailing twine! He had been a mechanic on both the tractors and trucks. He is a regular snow removal man. He picked up swathing and baling hay very quickly. He fixed our closet doors, so for the first time in our marriage we actually can close or closet doors!! He is Everett's favorite playmate! He wants nothing to do with me when daddy is around. I guess we could say he is a Jack of all trades! I am proud of him for stretching himself and learning new things.

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

Oh, how cute is that picture? I think Everett is a very cute combination of the both of you. And do you know what else I think? In some photos I think Ryder and Everett look a tad similar. I dunno-what do you think?

Andi said...

I can't believe that they are almost one. It is so crazy! Kids grow up way too fast!! Are you going to have any more soon? Hey, in the picture of with the shaving cream did you notice that it was Levi?

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

Rex's Beard is looking awesome! I want him to keep growing it out until we come see you guys next month! We can't wait! We Love you guys!

Jenn said...

Isn't it fun when your hubby can fix things?! Jordan really isn't very handy, but he put up the ceiling fan in our bedroom by googling the instructions! And on Saturday he put up shelves in our laundry room! What a cute picture!