Wednesday, February 13, 2008

4 Years and Counting!!

Rex and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary yesterday on the 12th!!! It was a fairly eventful day! We have to feed the cows every morning, so I was in the mud room getting on my snow boots and slide my foot into my right boot. There was something in my boot. It felt like someone had waded up a grocery sack and dropped it in there and it made a funny noise when I slid it to the end of my boot. Well, my first thought was "What did Rex put in my boot?" My next thought was, "Could it be a mouse?" Why would someone think it was a mouse??? I will tell you why I thought it. When I was younger, my brother Jason left a snow boot outside during winter for like 2 weeks. Well, my mom went and picked it up and turned it over and out came a mom mouse and babies, so that is why I thought of mouse. Back to the story. So I took my foot out and turned my boot upside down and nothing came out. I turned it right side up and looked down in and sure enough a mouse was racing out of my boot towards my face. I started screaming like a little girl and dropped the boot. Meanwhile, Everett is in the room with me but at the top of the steps, which were tile so the mouse couldn't get up them. I run up the steps screaming and Everett starts screaming too. I almost left him in the room and ran out but I remembered I have to protect him and grabbed him. I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a mousetrap, peanut butter, and a knife and went back to get it. I found it in the corner hunkered in a tiny ball under our shop vac. I set the trap near it and was scooting it over with a rubber mallet towards the mouse and it suddenly went off. I again went screaming off like a little girl. Everett continued screaming and the mouse took off for other shelter. So, I yelled out the door to Rex and he came and I showed him what I had found. He picked it up, he had gloves on, and took it outside and murdered it. I went out this morning and my trap had caught a different mouse, so we have mice in our house.
We drove off to go feed and our bosses, Jack and Terry, jumped out of their truck and were running to climb over a fence into the cows. We watched Terry slip and fall twice and Jack once. We then realized a cow was stuck in a little gully upside down and jumper out of our truck. It took all four of us to get the cow out of the gully and in a good position. It was kind of fun, but I don't think it will much longer. It hasn't gotten up and that isn't a good sign.
Later on we went to town to go out to eat. We went and ate at this sports bar and grill called Mattie's. It was good food and we got our meal free. All we had to pay for was the waitress's service. Well, 10 minutes later we are in Wal-Mart and Rex says he isn't feeling good and ended up in the bathroom for at least 3/4 the time we were in there. He was feeling yucky all the way home and went straight to bed. He kept apologizing for getting sick, but I wasn't mad. Stuff like this just makes a special day more memorable and that is how it should be! Well, that was our day! I think my husband is so amazing at all he does! He is the best Dad to Everett and an extremely hard worker! I love him so much!

9 comments:

Adam and Sarah said...

I love the bit about the mouse in your boot & you & Everett screaming! Classic
I've done that same thing with Amber & spiders a few times. Poor babies!

Randi said...

Congrats on 4 years together! Hope you don't find any more mice in your boots! :)

Jazzy said...

Oh my goodness, you make me laugh. Thanks for sharing the story. Phil had to ask what I was laughing so hard about.

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its already been four years! Congrats!

me said...

i was hoppin in was from rex putting somthing in you boot.

Andi said...

Sounds like you had an eventful anniversary!! I just hope that the ones to come are just as memorable for you!! Congrats!! I hope that you get the mouse situation taken care of. I don't know if I would get much sleep knowing there were mice in my house. I had a hard time sleeping after we found the scorpion in our house!

Jackie said...

I almost jumped out of my chair when I read about that mouse...I'm still squirming! I've heard that Matties is supposed to be really good, that's sad that it made Rex sick. You should have called me to babysit. It sounds like an eventful day. Congrats on 4 years!

Bonnie said...

WoW! What a crazy day! Yes, I think you will remember that anniversary.

me said...

hey missy i just tagged you

Jackie said...

We're in the West stake. I think you're in the East aren't you? Are you going to the R.S conference on the 8th? I went to it last year and it was really good. There was a crazy thing that happened at it too, something that I don't think would have happened somewhere else...remind me to tell you about it sometime. We like it here. I don't know if we'll stay forever. It's growing on me more every day, and I think I would miss my ward like crazy if we moved, but we'll just have to wait and see. We have to stay until at least January, so we'll probably have a better idea in a few months if we'll be moving. What about you? Do you like it there? How long do you plan on staying?