We made it here, safe and sound, late last Friday night. The move was crazy! Thank goodness Becky came and got the kids 2 days prior to us pulling out or it would've been 10 times more hectic. Can I just say that it was really hard to say goodbye to our friends there and that I miss them like mad! We miss living by Jack and Terry and me giving Jack his dose of harassment. Working for them was a great experience for us and they really treated us well.
I wish I had a pic of our caravan going down the road. We had 4 trucks pulling trailers, 2 horse trailers and 2 enclosed trailers, my car, and our old work truck. We left at about 10:30 am that morning and I had to stop and drop a few things off at a friends house on the way out. So, I ended up being behind in the train about 20 mins. I get almost to Wells and Rex calls me, he is at a gas station there, and wants to know if I have his wallet because he can't find it. Grrrr! I was a little irritated cause he doesn't keep track of it too well. I get to him and we search my car and he starts looking through his truck again and finally found it in his overnight bag in the "secret" pocket. Not really secret he just overlooked it. We get back on the road and I end up breaking off the train again a few hours later to go pick up my kids at Becky's. We get them in the car and Becky and her family as well, they were coming with us to help unpack and watch kids. I call my dad's cell to find out where everyone was and Rex answers his phone. Right then I knew something was up cause why would he be on my dad's phone when they were driving separate trucks. He then proceeds to tell me that his dad was broke down almost to the top of Parley's Summit. Mind you, he is pulling our horses and was on a fairly good incline with them. Rex was in the process of dropping off his trailer he was pulling at a gas station to go back and try and hook up to our horse trailer, when we got his dad moved out of the way. Meanwhile, my dad and our Uncle Lee went on with our cows and trailer of stuff to our final destination. Becky and I and all the kids pulled off where rex's dad was broke down and we were trying to determine who needed to go for parts or what to fix it. Becky and Will were calling parts stores to find them and none had them. I was calling my dad and Uncle Lee to find out if one of them could come back to Park City to get the other trailer since we were out of a truck. We finally get AAA up there to tow Rex's dad's truck and get our horse trailer hooked up to our truck. Luckily the place that was fixing the truck was right next to the place where our other enclosed trailer was. We ended up leaving Rex's dad and Milly at the gas station with the trailer to wait for my dad to come all the way back and pick it up. Becky, Rex, and I all headed on down the road. We make it to Evanston and end up getting lost there for like 20-30 mins trying to find the road to take. By this time, I am turning into a bear and my kids are turning into little monsters (they were extremely good with Becky for those few days). I just wanted out of the car and to go to bed. We finally get a hold of our uncle and he helps us get to where we are going. We pulled in to our new home between 10 and 11 that night. Our dads ended up finally pulling in about an hour and a half later! I was just so glad we made it all safe. It was a long day with lots of chaos and driving and I just wanted everyone there safely. All our dogs, cows, and horses seem to be fairing well also!
The next day was full of unpacking, mainly the kitchen. Our little apartment in the motel is well a dive. The people before did not take care of it very well or clean it after they were leaving. The owner's daughters did do some cleaning, but they couldn't get it very clean even. It just made me a little ornery that I spent all that time, or had people help me, cleaning up the house we left and scrubbing out the oven and this place is a sty. Grrrrrrr! We have 3 bathrooms. One is tiled in ocean blue and really smells like pee, I don't know why since they said they cleaned it. one is tiled in pink and the other is tiled in sea foam green. Very nice! The carpets are gross and the floor in the kitchen is bulging. I miss my house in the Rubies. There were probs there too, but at least it looked cleaner after cleaning it than this place does. the unpacking is coming a long slowly. It is hard to know where to put all our stuff since we have downsized some. We had a lot of food storage and we finally have places for it all. We are going to shut off a bathroom and turn it into a storage room to fit it all.
As far as the motel goes, I have been a little overwhelmed with knowing what to do because the manager before me was pretty much the only one who knew everything and by the time I got here she was gone. I've only broke down crying a few times! We also got our first late night wake up to check someone in that first night in our home. That was fun! I also got hit on by a customer last night while walking past his door taking some coffee to another customer's room. He told me I was "looking good". I just thought, that he was nuts, and wanted to kick him in his mommy daddy button, because being 7 months pregnant I really don't feel or look attractive! Well, there is a lot of things to be done here to try and make it better and more homelike. I just hope we can get enough revenue from the customers to do all the things that need to be done!
The boys are doing pretty good adjusting. Monte seems to be having a harder time than Ev. Ev has really become attached to the TV. I don't like it too much, but it is the only way for me to get some things done around here. I really miss being able to just send him outside to work with Rex in the yard. I am afraid they are going to become fat little houseplants and that scares me. I hope we can get things a little more together so we feel like we have more of a life outside of the motel and unpacking. That is all for now. I must go!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
We made it!!
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow what a process! I'm sorry it was so rough getting there and that your new place isn't what you'd like. I hope things get better and that you get used to your new way of living!
I hope things get better. :) We're thinking of you!
Wow! It sounds like a stressful move. Hopefully it will get better.
Post a Comment