Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Winds of Wyoming are Calling for Me.

Well, the ranch here in the Rubies did end up selling. However, a new job opportunity presented itself and we are happy, but a little sad, to be moving on June 4th. Only 5 more days! Our decision to move away from this valley we love oh so much has been extremely hard. My emotions are all over the place! My pregnancy hormones don't help the situation, but we are sad to be leaving our isolation, the beauty here, but most of all our friends. Our Heavenly Father couldn't have sent us to a more perfect place at the time he did. With my parents' divore, my dad's heart attack, and the death of Rex's mom so close together and right around the time we were moving; it was the best thing for us. The love and support from the people here has been the greatest and I don't know if there will be another place like that for us to live. My heart aches to leave, but is excited for the new adventure and opportunities that await us. Our new destination is beautiful, is closer to family, and has an awesome school system! Those things are our biggest draws to our new home. Plus, I like the idea of being able to further my artistic talents with some art classes that are offered there in the little town of....we will call it Pepsi Town! If you are smart you will figure out the real name of the town! There is a little bit of a catch with this move. Rex will be working on a ranch there, but we will also be living in and running a small motel. I am a little apprehensive about this endeavor since it will be me managing it most of the time and have never done such a thing! I am not sure how it will go when we get woken up in the middle of the night to check someone in for the first time. When someone bangs on our door in the middle of the night, out here in the middle of nowhere, I usually follow Rex to the door with a baseball bat in tow! I don't think that would be the best customer service skills in a motel! However, I have made it perfectly clear to Rex that he will be getting up with me to answer those late night calls and he has not given me any guff about it! I hope the new transition with the kids moving from all they have ever known, the motel, the new ranch job, all while I am 7 months pregnant goes smoothly. We are able to only take 10 of our 25 cows with us and we have just sold the 15 and my 25 chickens. So, one thing off our list. Anyways...on to a funner topic!
My kids are definitely keeping me on my toes these days! Everett is such a smarty pants and Montel follows right in his tracks. It is amazing how fast younger siblings pick up things from their older siblings! The other day Rex got after Ev for something and like 3 or 4 mins later we hear him in the hallway saying, "I'm sick of you dad. I'm sick of you!" He then yells, while running around the corner from Rex, "You're a Mean Guy!" Rex and I busted out laughing and then when we could sort of hold our composure had him come back in and told him what he said wasn't very nice. I then asked him what he should tell dad and he said, "To be nice." I asked him again and he gave me the same response. We were both trying not to laugh. I then told him he needed to tell dad he was sorry for being mean to him! Here are a couple resent pics of my boys!


This is Everett's I'm not going to smile shot because you asked me to do it!



Montel on the other hand kept saying cheese and smiling for me so I kept taking pics of him! He is pretty funny. We will be sitting at the table eating and out of nowhere is gives us this big cheesy smile that makes us laugh all the time! These boys are such cuties!

Little sister, or as Everett sometimes calls her, Honga, seems to be growing bigger and stronger in my belly. I am more uncomfortable with this pregnancy than the other 2, but I guess she will be here in just a few months. It is crazy how fast it has gone since getting over the morning sickness. I am afraid though that the gestational diabetes has set in and I am not happy about that. I need more self-control than I have had and it hasn't come very easily. I guess we will see what doc says in a couple weeks and measures my baby bump! I really hope that she isn't too big already. The boys have been practicing being nice to babies with their baby doll that they have. It is cute to see them sweet with it. I really hope it does carry over when little sister gets here! Well, that is all for now! Be back soon!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow! Good luck on your new adventures. As far as the motel thing goes, you should talk to the Holmgrens from our old ward. They're doing the same thing. Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe how big they are. I think it's been awhile since I've seen updated pictures of them. Good luck as well with the new baby. I hope it goes well! By the way, Garrett figured out what "Pepsi town" meant. I was lost!

The Livingstones said...

I'm surprised you can hear the winds of wyomming over the winds of ruby valley! We will miss you here, and will think of you every time we karaoke. We also can't wait to meet Honga, or at least see pictures of her!

Andi said...

We are excited that you are coming to WY!! I really enjoy it and the schools really are awesome. Good luck with the motel. I am sure that you will do a great job! Your boys are so cute. It is probably better to move at 7 months pregnant that to try and do it with a new baby! We moved when Corbin was almost 3 months old...it was not fun to try and figure out what to do with him!! So, even though you are probably tired it will be easier to be pregnant! I wish that I could meet you there and help you unpack, but we have family things going on in SLC...so good luck with everything.

Jason and Brittani Hill said...

OHHH, I miss my little buddies!!!