Oh Man!! It feels like it has been a long time since I've done this. Oh wait...it has! I have been letting facebook rule my internet world a little too much and have neglected my blogging friends who don't have facebook. How rude right?!
You are probably wondering what we have been up to in the last 4 months. Well, where do I start?? My kids are getting huge. I swear Montel grew like 2 inches last night! Montel is talking a lot. Not clearly, but a lot! He likes to yell, "Mama" really sharp and loud to get my attention. It works! He is obsessed with birds, like his mom! He sees them outside and says, "Bird, caw caw." I usually don't go around saying caw caw when I see a bird, unless Monte is with me! Or we mention my chickens and he either says, "Bock Bock" or starts crowing like a rooster. My favorite is if you ask him what a cow says and he yells, "Booooo"! Last night at dinner there was a fly buzzing around us. I Monte say, "Bird" and I look and he is following the fly around the room! It was cute! It reminded me of when Ev first noticed a fly and he called it a "tiny bird". Everett turned 3 in March. I made him a cake, not fancy, at his G-pa Doe's before his birthday and when we came home for the actual day we were all really sick, so I didn't make him a fun cake this year. Bad mom award! He is a little tester, talk backer, funny, yet whiny little boy! I thought maybe he would grow out of the terrible two stage, but it looks like it is carrying into terrible threes! Oh well, we still love him and are happy he is in our home! He is a little smarty pants and sure likes to depend on us to do things for him. We have learned to be patient and that we have to make him do things for himself or he is going to continue to take advantage of us.
We are also expecting our 3rd baby in September!!! I was pretty much sick 24/7 for the first 15 weeks. I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel sick. I thought that was weird because that never happened with my other pregnancies. Plus, I felt sicker this time around than Monte's pregnancy, but not as sick as with Everett's. Also, with this pregnancy I swear my immune system is gone. I have never been sick this many times in such a short time period. I have had flu-like symptoms twice and 2 or 3 colds in the last 3 months. Fun huh! Not to mention my extreme onriness and meanness to random people on the phone, at my door, etc. My family tends to get a lot of it, which is hard on them and me. Rex told me that he is about done in with having anymore kids because I have been nothing but onry and grouchy. Poor guy! Well, we did just find out what we are having! We are having a little girl!! We are excited! I have been drilling Everett for a few months now as to what he thinks we are having and all along he said it was a "sister girl". He also named her Honga! Here is our conversation the day before the ultrasound:
Me: Everett, I have to go to the doctor tomorrow.
Ev: For the baby in your belly?
Me: Yep
Ev: Is it going to come out?
Me; No. it has to get bigger and then it will come out.
Ev: In the toilet????
ME: No. The doctor will help it come out. Hey, is the baby a sister or a brother?
Ev: A sister girl. What is her name?
Me: I don't know. I like the name ______.
Ev: No. that's not her name. She can be Honga for a while longer! She's not a black lady. She's brown.
Me: Shocked look on my face, then I started laughing!
The things kids say! They "Keel" me!
You guys are probably wondering what is happening with us and our job here on the ranch. Well, Barrick Gold Corporation has put an offer on it and paid our boss some money to take it off the market. We were suppose to know by April 8th whether or not they were going to purchase it for sure or not, but they extended the date to May 8th now. I sure hope they don't extend again cause I would really like to know what is going to happen with us. They will not tell us anything about their plans with the ranch. It is frustrating but I guess it is teaching me a lot about being patient and having faith that life, wherever it goes, will work out for us if we are trying to do the right thing. Oh...in case you are wondering, Barrick Gold is a worldwide mining corporation. I guess they could keep us on and that could be a great opportunity for us, but we just don't know what is going to happen. There are rumors going around about what they are planning on doing, but they are rumors for now. As soon as we know, I will let you know! We would like to see us moving closer to the general area where most of our families live, which they are spreading out more and more these days, but there just aren't many job opportunities in ranching that would support our growing family. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Well, I hope that is enough of an update for now! I will have to try to do better in between my mother and wife duties, my projects, and my facebooking! Tata for now!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
11:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I was so glad to see a post from you guys! Sounds like you're busy. Congrats on the baby girl coming. Before you said in the post that it was a girl I thought it was just because you said you were sicker than with the other pregnancies. I was way sicker with Emily than with William. Anyway, congrats and good luck with all the future plans!!
Hey, it is great hearing from you. Yeah! Your having a Girl how fun. Sounds like you are staying busy I hope all works out well for you and the fam.
Love, The Anderson's (Keree, Nolan and perry)
I am so excited for you that you are having a girl! Congrats! But I do hope that you start feeling better soon!
Honga!!!!!!!! hahaha! love it!
<3
Risa
Post a Comment