A part of me wants to go back to the Rubies. I miss my friends and our life there. This move has not been easy for me. The motel really isn't that bad. We have had a few nights being woke up to check someone in, but that is it. It has been busy lately except for the last couple days. I don't mind the busyness cause it means we are making money to make ends meet and hopefully a little extra to do a few minor improvements. I just don't really like the fact that we are handcuffed to this place. We don't get any nights off and if we want to go out of town for a night to do something we have to find a motel babysitter and depending on who it is we have to pay them for it and to be honest this place does not make much money. So, our hopes of being closer to our family and thinking that maybe we can get away and do stuff with them more have diminished. As for Rex, who is that? I don't see him very much as he works on the motel owner's ranch and that has been really hard to adjust to. We go from having 3 meals together as a family a day and we are lucky if we get to have 1 together a day. I am a single parent most of the time and I really don't like that. We must have been really spoiled at our previous job. Monte is really acting out and screaming at me all the time and I am beginning to think that this is what it is going to be like in a few months when his little sister gets here and I am wondering what the crap are we doing? Everett is being babysat by the TV most of the time and I hate that, but what else do I do with him while I am busy with motel stuff or feel like I have nowhere to go? I am tired and I am done pretending that this is all a bowl of cherries. So, if you were wondering...that is how we are doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh man I'm so sorry. I was thinking about you the other day and hoping things were improving. Good luck. We'll pray for you!!
That's no fun, Shauna. I hope things start looking up and you guys can start settling in more. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)
I'm so sorry Shauna! Moving is not easy, and I think you have valid pints. I'm sure that Monte is missing his daddy. I understand how you feel--last summer John worked up in Randolph all week and I was a single mom all week, and then he'd come home on the weekends. Tyler really acted out for the first month, but then he adjusted and things got better. I'm sure it will be hard, but I promise, things will (eventually) improve. I hope it improves soon!
Believe me when I say "I completely understand." To the 'T'! I promise it does get better. You start getting into your own groove of how you do everything and you start getting used to finding things to do at home. Lame, but we got a Wii and a Netflix membership. Finding a time where it's easier to leave then another is hard but you come to figure it out. I don't know if you're into things like this or not, but I actually wrote out a schedule for my entire day. Wake up down to bed, scheduling everything from lunches to laundry to motel stuff. it helped me get back into the idea of me controlling my day and not the other way around.
I am sorry to hear things aren't turning out like you would have liked them to. I hope it gets better. If I lived closer I would totally help. You and the family are invited to come to Harmony's blessing on July 4th. If you can't come because of the motel we understand. Love ya, keep smiling, Keree
I would miss the Rubies too. It sounds like you had the perfect job for you. Maybe you could keep looking for something else that fits better. Although I'm sure it doesn't sound too fun to move again. Me and the kids get grumpy when we can't get out and about. That sounds awful to be stuck at a motel.
Hi Shauna! I just got caught up on what you're doing and wanted to say that I know how hard it is to feel like a single parent. I've been doing it for two years now. You do get more used to it, but it doesn't really get easier. Just make the most of the time you have together. You are doing the best you can, so don't feel bad about it! Hang in there!
Sorry, I don't know you, but I stumbled across your blog and felt that I should write you. You can delete this after you read it. I have had a similair experience moving to WY recently. We used to live in Northern AZ in a new house that we built. My husband had to leave because there wasn't any work down there after the economy tanked. He came up here to Rock Springs to work in the oil fields. We ended up losing our house and me and the kids finally moved up here to be with him (not the place I want to be). We ended up moving into a house that stinks SOOOOOO bad, but there are NO good houses to rent. The people that lived here before us had CATS!!!! And then the basement has flooded with sewage 3 times since we have lived here. And WY is soooo ugly compared to where we came from. It has been a really rough move. I have been here for 8 months and am still having a hard time adjusting. I am not going to be one of those people that say keep your chin up and everything will work out how it is suppose to, I have a feeling you already know that. I say take some time and morn the lose that you feel for leaving the place that you loved so much. And then remember Lot's wife from the scriptures. I am not a very spiritual person (lately) but here is a link to a talk given by Jeffrey R. Holland about "Remember Lot's Wife"
http://www.byub.org/talks/talk.aspx?id=3403
It is one of the few things that HAS helped me have a change of heart about the situation that I am in. I hope that it can help you and that things will be brighter in the future. I know you are going to think twice about having your blog open to the public :-)
I really do hope that you will go and listen to this talk. Good luck.
Post a Comment