I wish I had some pictures of this weekend but my camera's batteries are on the fritz, so they don't last very long at all. Becky, you will have to send me some! Well, Rex's sister, Becky, and her husband, Will, and their little girl, Samantha, came out to our house in the sticks to play this last weekend! It was so much fun to watch Everett and Samantha interact, but it also made me want to be back in Utah so they could play all the time. I swear they were suppose to be twins, but when both Becky and I got pregnant at about the same time they got separated! It was fun to watch them follow each other around, get sad when the other was sad, want to play with whatever the other had, and just play together. While they were here we went trap shooting, we went down to the lake and had a weenie and smores roast in the crappy weather! It was cold..brrr! While there Everett tripped and totally face planted it!! He didn't even put down his hands. I picked him up and he came up with dirt and miscellaneous items on his face and a rock in his mouth! Becky and I were laughing so hard (she got a picture too, but I had already retrieved the rock). He did this about three times in five minutes! They guys were able to do some fishing, but the weather was so cold that it was unsuccessful. Saturday, we had to brand some cows. I was able to go participate by giving vaccinations! I normally don't get to because I have to watch Everett and sometimes cook. Becky stayed home and watched Everett, Samantha, and Taylor (our neighbor's little girl), who are all under the age of 14 months. I came home to help her get them in the truck to go down there for lunch and they were all asleep! Becky is amazing! Sunday we went to church and then came home and hung out. Grandpa Larson came out that night and stayed until noon the next day. Short trip, but it was good to see him. Oh, Sunday night Everett kept standing on the hearth of our fireplace and we kept telling him to sit down, but he wouldn't. So, Rex went and picked him up and set him on the floor (kind of abrupt). Everett started to cry and looked at Samantha, who was sitting on the hearth. She held her hands out to him like come here let me give you a hug. Everett got up walked over to her and we all thought he was going to pull her off the hearth, but he gave her a hug and then they played like nothing had happened! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen and wish we had it on video! Everett is not huggy and so it shocked me to see him go do that! A little while later Samantha held her hands out to him again and he went over to give her a hug and she would push him away. What a little tease! On Monday, everyone decided they had to get back to real life and so they left. We had lots of fun and enjoyed them being here! We can't wait to play with them again!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
It is so fun when the cousins come to play isn't it? It's great living close to family.
Post a Comment