Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First Painting!


Over Mom's Day I made a trip home and got to spend a fabulous time with my Grandma H!! I have always wanted to learn to paint, with oils, and I figured I had better learn from the best teacher while we still have her here!! So, we spent 3 days painting this scene. It wasn't all done on the 3rd day so I had to finish it when I got home. Well, I just finished it yesterday! Woo hoo!! Not bad for my first eh?!! It was tons of fun and I loved being able to spend that time with my grandparents. Grandpa H was awesome!! He watched the boys in the front room while we were just in the next room painting! If you know my Everett, you know he can be a handful!! Well, I hope I can go do it again some time! That would be great for us all!!

12 comments:

Becca Lund said...

this is incredible! I'm absolutely impressed.

Joanne said...

Shauna that is gorgeous! You have some serious talent there!!!

Kyle and Janell said...

I am very impressed with your painting skills. That looks awesome!

Jenny said...

I love it!

The Jones Family said...

That is awesome!!!

Bonnie said...

I didn't know you're an artist. it looks great.

Adam and Sarah said...

Wow! Very impressive! You're a natural!

Elise said...

I'm so jealous I've always wanted to learn to paint but I have no talent for it! You obviously are natural at it

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

I can't believe you painted that! It is seriously awesome! You are full of all kinds of crazy talents, girlfriend!

By the way ~ You have 2 of the cutest little boys I've ever seen. I loved seeing their pics on Brittani & Jason's blog. They are so stinkin cute!

Nichole said...

Shauna! That is stinking amazing!! You did awesome! I can't believe that! I wish I could do something like that!! You go girl!

AlyshaG said...

Um...my first painting would look like stick figures and blobs.

I am VERY impressed, you clearly got Grandma's artsy gene!

Christensen Family said...

Wow!! That is amazing. You are incredible.