Everett has been saying some funny things lately! I just wanted to share them:
The other night we were eating dinner and I hurried and ate mine so I could feed Montel. I went to the bedroom to feed and Rex was helping Everett finish his dinner. All of a sudden I hear "Mom, want a piece of me, the whole thing?" I started laughing and yelled back, "The whole thing."
Lately, Rex has been calling Everett Big E, Buster, and Mister. We will tell Everett to come to us and he will say, "Come here Big E, Come here Buster, Come here Mister". He will give himself praise after doing stuff and say, "Good Job Everett or Good Job Big E!"
He was sitting at the table and was just making up a song as he went. I was there cleaning in the kitchen and I hear, "Tanice, the boy-Charley" in his song. I started laughing because that is our neighbors names and I don't know why he calls Charley- the boy Charley!!
Montel was laying in the cradle cooing away and Everett was sitting on my bed playing with a toy. He starts laughing and yells, "what you talking about Montel?" I got the giggles!
If he slips and falls he yells, "Wipe out!"
I have always wanted a parrot and it seems that I have one!! Now, a quick update on Montel. He is a Smiley boy!! He is so cute and doesn't usually get sad unless he is hungry, tired, poopy. He turns on the charm and starts smiling and cooing right before bed and it is so hard to resist the little cutie!! He loves people to talk to him! He also has been trying to sit up when we put him in his bouncy chair. I'll look over at him and he will be doing his crunches, just practicing for the day he is able to get there!
Somedays I feel that I am not doing what I am suppose to be doing as far as contributing to the family. I feel like if I am not making money I am not doing my job. I got a card for mother's day that had the best quote on it. I want to share it with ya'll. It says:
"The most important job in the world doesn't offer an hourly wage or days off or paid vacations. But it does offer real feelings, shining faces, bedtime stories, small victories, priceless moments, and many wonderful moments of joy...Always remember, there's no more important job in this world than the one you do every day with all your heart."
I guess I will have to remember this when Satan is trying to tear me down again. I love being a mom and having the opportunity to have kids! It is hard, but it is the sweet, funny and learning moments that really help you get through it!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Oh the Joys!
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Shauna, you are the best mom and you have the cutest boys! I love hearing stories about them, so keep sharing!
Sounds like you are a great mom! And that is an amazing quote. And totally true too. Being a mom is very hard some days. But at night when my sweet little boys are sound asleep I sit and watch them and know that I am a lucky girl and I'm sure you feel the same!
Thanks for sharing that quote about mothers. I think I needed to hear that today! You're awesome!
Your kids sound so cute. I have a little parrot at my house now too! I love that quote by the way. I feel the same way sometimes about feeling like I need to make money and contribute more. My husband always reminds me that the best thing I can be doing right now is being a mom! I'm sure you are a wonderful mom Shauna!
Hi Shauna! I think that sometimes we as moms are afraid to say that it's hard, but I appreciate your honesty.... We aren't sure when we are moving, but we will be living in Lake Charles. Any of your bros serve there?
Your boys are so cute! That makes me laugh about what Everret said about you wanting a piece of him, So funny! They sound adorable. That quote is great I really like it. It is so true.... your the best. Keep your chin up.
Love Ya,
Keree and Nolan Anderson
Post a Comment