You know, I could swear the clothing industry is conspiring against us. Clothes nowadays sure aren't made that great. They must be thinking that the more crappy clothes they make the more clothes people have to buy because they fall apart so fast. At least, that is what is happening in our household. Montel was given some cute footie pajamas, Carter's, for Christmas and after the first wash the thread that holds the cuff on the sleeve was 1/3 the way unraveled. We bought him a package of underwear and after the first wash the elastic waist bands have started unraveling. Everett was given some pants for Christmas that have an adjustable waist band and after the first wash, no joke, the adjustable waist band is unraveling and can't do it's job. Montel destroyed the receipt so I can't take them back. I just bought 4 pairs of socks 2 weeks ago, cute ones cause plain jane white ones just don't do it for me, and 3 of the 4 have holes in them even before I wore them. They came 2 pairs to a set and I wore the one good pair first, not knowing about the holes in the other pair and now I don't know what I should do. I don't know if they will let me take them back or not. Oh have you felt the quality of jeans lately?? They sure don't feel like they are good quality anymore. Wranglers have held up for the most part though. So, I guess clothes just aren't made to last anymore. They probably hope they fall apart before they are out of style and you have to go purchase a brand new wardrobe. That would make them more money and these days that is all that matters to most people.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I've had to sew up holes in items of clothing for all four of us lately. It is SO frustrating!
I totally agree! I bought a nice pair of jeans and wore them a whopping total of 3 times before they got a hole in them!!! and they weren't cheap jeans! Stupid greedy people.
Post a Comment