Okay so there are some days that I think a bottle of rum would help me get through this crazy little thing called life, but alas, that is not the answer right! I heard today on Studio 5 a Mormon Housewife Blogger say that it is when the house is clean, the laundry is done, and the kids are down for naps that we women blog (or something to that effect). I guess that is my problem as to why I don't blog very often anymore. My house is never clean, my laundry is never done, and all my kids down for naps at once is a miracle in my home! Right now, I am sitting at a cluttered desk with a fridge and stove in the front room and Mr. Larson laying laminate flooring in the kitchen. The basket of clean laundry is off to my left waiting for a passer by to fold and put it away. Two of the three hooligans are sleeping. Tel is down in his and Ev's room with Ev watching a movie and playing around. Chloster is on the couch sleep jamming to music from the 90's! I love 90's music! I am puttering. I feel like I should be helping Rex but am in the way and so I am playing cheerleader and have now succumbed to the computer. Dreadful place I tell you what! It was over here whispering my name ever so sweetly and sucked me right in!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Yo Ho Ho and A Bottle of Rum...
Anyhoo...I have been stuck in a little rut of looking at the glass half empty lately. Okay I'm not gonna lie maybe for several months now. I think my hormones from pregnancy and having a baby are still flip flopping around in this tired body of mine. Yes, I know I have 3 kids under the age of 3 1/2 to be exact and that I should be tired and I am but I feel extra blahness going on inside me. I want to feel content again about our lives and right now we, I guess you say, are in transition. Transition for what?? Well, to get out of this funsucking Motel that is for sure. Whether we stay here in Pepsitown or move on to a different pasture, I have not a clue and sure would like to have one sooner than later! I keep pleading with The Man Upstairs to show us the way, but we feel stuck. What fun is that when you feel like you are not going anywhere in life? It sucks! I heard about and then read an interesting article called "Why Can't I Stop Reading Mormon Housewife Blogs?" By Emily Matchar, www.salon.com/life/feature. As you can tell I don't know how to link it properly! Anyways...it talks about how Mormon housewife bloggers make the whole motherhood, housewife role look like a fantasy. As we all know, we bloggers don't always try to put up the negative things in our lives on the blogs cause we don't want to appear "depressed" or "unhappy". Well, I can say that I occasionally put up the negative stuff on mine. Why act like everything is hunky dory all the time? That isn't real life. Real life is medical bills, demanding kids, frumpyness, tiredness, orneriness, happiness and those sweet tender moments with our families! I am really trying to have a positive attitude right now. I hope that soon I can look at life again as having my glass half full. Yes, I have to make that attitude adjustment. I am trying to get out of this funk. It will just take some time cause in real life, it doesn't happen overnight. So, Heaven please help me!
Posted by
Larson Letters
at
4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Life sounds busy! I know the feeling. I've got my own 3, plus I babysit 3 more the same ages as my kids!!
I hardly ever check blogger, but i am so glad i did! Your honesty was a breath of fresh air for me. I have definitely been in a rut for periods of my life and i have come to realize that they are essential to our overall happiness. Hardships open up our hearts for a greater capacity for joy. I think you made an excellent point about blogs! There are certain blogs that i dont allow myself to check because they make me feel like i dont measure up. Also, isnt it the pits that we are at the mercy of our hormones? Babies can completely through our bodies out of wack! Thats not to mention the droopy belly and wide hips! Today both my kids were screaming at the top of their lungs while i was trying to do something important and i just had to laugh to keep from crying along with them. I think you are great Shauna, and i am so thankful for this post.
P.S. I cannot remember the last time my house was clean! I start at one end and by the time I've reached the other, it's time to start over.
I'm impressed by you Shauna. 3 children that young would be tiring for anyone. I'm still feeling like I couldn't handle 3 even though I'm starting to get those feelings that it's time. Keep pressing forward. When I'm in a rut, I try to focus on all the cute little things my kids do and not on all that I can't get done because of them. kids grow so fast. Hope you will know where to go soon. I know that can be frustrating. We're trying to figure that out too.
I saw your blog on someone else's and for some reason I clicked on it which is wierd for me because I spend very little time reading blogs- I don't even read my family members blogs regularly.. anyway.. we are neighbors!! I live in Lyman which is not too far from where you live.. I have 3 kids 8 and under and I can't even keep my house clean so don't be hard on yourslf..I just tell myself that I need to just enjoy it becuse it goes by so fast.. In no time my kids will teenagers and will never be home and I will be missing all of their little (and not-so-little) meses!
Post a Comment